Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 2: I, The Mentalist

Wish 2: Childhood Wonder

Today I will amaze you with my powers of mind reading. Try to follow these instructions carefully, and I will predict what you are thinking.

1. Think of a number from 1 to 10.

2. Multiply it by 9.

3. Add up all the digits. For example, if your number is 34, then add 3 and 4 to get 7.

4. Subtract 5 from that number.

5. Convert that number into its equivalent letter. For example, 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc.

6. Think of a country that begins with that letter.

7. Think of an animal that begins with the second letter of that country.

You are thinking of an Elephant.

Oh, I believe you can figure out the secret of that magic trick eventually.

But in the meantime, my wish today is for us, even as adults, to continue to have that childhood wonder.

No comments: